Monday 27 March 2017

Menu planning 27 March - 2 April

Last week's menu all went to plan, but I suspect that the end of this week could get complicated. Three of us are away, but my daughter is going away with another student friend and will probably leave after we do on Friday, but at present I don't know when! I also need to make sure there is food for my son while he is here alone for the weekend.

Monday - Fish pie

Tuesday - meal out at Hungry Horse as belated Mother's Day meal

Wednesday - slow cooked chicken (this means I can then make a pot of stock from the bones - ideal for soup making)

Thursday - Pork chops (the family will have caramel apples on theirs, and I will have apple - I'm still  sugar-free for Lent)

Friday - a mystery as I don't know if I'm feeding one or two of mine, or even an extra two when her friends come and pick her up!

Saturday - only one student to feed and he will eat out of the freezer

Sunday - Spiced kheema (this is quick and easy when we are returning from a weekend away)

Spiced kheema

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, the kheema looks lush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and it's really quick to cook, so good when you get in late!

      Delete
  2. Oh you are the second person having pork chop swith apple this week. I might have to add it to my plan next week #mealplanningmonday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are very easy! I buy my loin chops by the tray, and bag them into meal sized bags, so I can defrost them a few at a time.

      Delete
  3. Your spiced Kheema sounds interesting, I've never heard of it but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a quick and tasty way of making minced beef into a healthy meal - ideal at the end of busy weekend!

      Delete